Tuesday, August 8, 2023 Port Huron

I was happy to see a bright sunny day when I popped up from the V-berth. Two cloudy days with rain are more than enough. I enjoyed my coffee, posted the blog, then walked to a nearby mailbox to mail an anniversary card to Anne and Nate - 16 years. Peter passed on cappuccino today in order to do some chores. Back on Annie, I ordered a cable to hook my phone to our television. Amazon will deliver it tomorrow to the Algonac Harbor Club.

The River Street Marina where we dock in Port Huron

Port Huron has a very nice movie house called the Sperry Movie House. There are many movies playing. Who knew - not us. It's very close to the marina so we walked there for the 11:30 showing of the Sound of Freedom. It's about child trafficking and is based on a true story. It ended with pictures of some of the actual events depicted in the movie so obviously a lot of it is true. Some parts make you wonder how they could possibly be true. But it was a nice way to spend 2 hours. The theatre has big overstuffed reclining lounge chairs. I am sure we will catch a show each visit to Port Huron.


Afterwards we all walked to the hardware store. Marianna finally bought Folex after listening to us rave about it for years, and Kerry bought a Yeti Rambler Tumbler like the one I bought for myself on our trip to the North Channel. Peter and I then walked to the marine store while the mates went back to the boats. 


We set 4;30 as the time I would order our chicken. It takes about 20 minutes to complete our order and about 10 minutes to bike there. We arrived about 5 minutes before the chicken was ready. Peter got 2 orders of wings and we got wings plus an 8 piece which we will freeze.. We enjoyed our dinners on Annie. We all agreed that the chicken was delicious. It was hot so we sat in the salon with air conditioning. I spilled wine on Kerry's tablecloth so she was able to demonstrate to Marianna how effective Folex is as a spot remover. We had a big discussion about the correct way to eat an Oreo cookie as we ate our way pretty much through 2 new packages. After dinner Kerry divided our 8 piece dinner up and froze it. We agreed that we would meet tomorrow at 8-ish at the fuel dock for diesel and pumpouts. Algonac is the next port of call. 

Comments

  1. Marianna MV/Voyager. I AM A BELIEVER. Right before my very eyes, FOLEX took the wine that Don spilled out of the table cloth. It is magic. BUY IT. I am not getting paid for saying this. ❤️Folex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overstuffed lounge chair would be great to see a movie! Fried chicken sounds great! Love the blog! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Indians Actually beat Toronto last night 1 to nothing. Bibee pitched a masterful game .Like uou I love fried chicken. Last night we paired it with corn on the cob .It was so good we plan on repeating it tonight. Issue 1 on the ballot failed! Good! KIP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, August 2, 2023 Harrisville

Monday, August 7, 2023 Port Huron

Friday, August 11, 2023 Middle Bass Island Yacht Club