Sunday, July 23, 2023 Gore Bay

Out of habit when I get up in the morning I always check the battery condition. They're always perfect when I am plugged in. I guess it would be a big problem if they were not. The weather looks good for today and for the coming 4 days, perfect for our next anchoring expedition. 

I was out cleaning Annie's starboard burgundy stripe before 8:00 AM, even before Big Jim could tell me to get my lazy ass out of bed and get the blog posted. It doesn't take long to polish it up. Peter came over for a double cappuccinos when I finished. He was a bit frustrated because his drone software would not let him sign in and he had not yet figured out why. He hopes to get a nice harbor picture. Later in the day he had solved his problem. 

Kerry got up at 10:00 to start her slow cooker beef burgundy dinner. I got the bikes ready for a ride while she was preparing our future dinner. We took the island road out to the Janet Head Lighthouse, the second oldest one on Manitoulin Island. It's a nice ride and we try to do it each visit to Gore Bay. I always like the looks of this lighthouse which also contains living quarters. It's occasionally open for tours but we have never been there when it was. It's really visible when you are coming in the bay. 



On our way back we stopped at the Chocolate Factory and had a fudgesicle that was highly recommended by Randy on Heart Tug. It was good, and it was very pleasant as we sat under a big red umbrella while eating them. Then it was off to the grocery where we filled another big bag with more necessities for the coming week. I stopped at Codmother's on the way back and ordered two pieces of take out whitefish. We ate in on Annie's top deck. It was delicious and I have a piece left for a sandwich tomorrow. 


I spent the afternoon cleaning various parts of Annie that needed some attention. I was going to "move into" my new tackle box but Kerry wants to help organize it and did not have time today, so we will do it at anchor sometime this week. Kerry worked on organizing her provisions and getting prepared for tonight's dinner. 


Cocktails were in the pilot house with mixed nuts and pepper jelly with cream cheese. Dinner was Kerry' slow cooker beef stroganoff, with a Waldorf salad to start. Both were delicious. Peter and I had fresh fruit for desert. Marianna, Kerry and I had our usual after dinner liquors of fireball, Rum Chata and Sambuca. Peter and I split a big box of white powdered donuts as neither of us had space for a whole box. Our mates seemed less than thrilled with our menu choice.


We plan to stop at the fuel dock in the morning for a pumpout before we leave. We'll get there as close to the 8:30 opening time as we can. Cleary Clove is about 18 miles away. Last year I did not have internet at that anchorage so it's possible that there will not be a new post in the mornings we are anchored there. I'll catch up though when I do get internet. 

Comments

  1. We had another gully washer rain storm last night so Marcy gets another reprieve from garden watering. I think I told you the Indians lost the last game to the Phillies. Tonight they play KC and they should win. With all the rain we have had the garden is growing well and we will be picking wax beans soon. Cleary Cove is nice! KIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog and pics! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, August 2, 2023 Harrisville

Monday, August 7, 2023 Port Huron

Friday, August 11, 2023 Middle Bass Island Yacht Club