Tuesday, June 27, 2023 Port Huron

I took coffee and cappuccinos over to Voyager to meet up with 1/2 of a cinnamon muffin from the Raven.  It was a very enjoyable combination. In fact, this was Peter's first two cappuccino morning. I had pretty much decided to go to Walmart today with the mates. Peter was still undecided. His plans included breakfast at the Raven and a haircut after that. Walmart is scheduled for noon. 

I decided that I was going to try and track down my missing Amazon package today. My plan was to visit the marina first, then head to the Post Office with my tracking number. It has Kerry's tea K-Cups and my electronic bug zappers in it. 

The morning weather check indicated we should have no rain today, although only a high of 67. (Actually it rained on and off all day) Travel on Lake Huron would not be good today. It could possibly work tomorrow, but looks nice and safe on Thursday. We paid for only one more night today to leave the possibility of travel tomorrow open.

What a frustrating morning it turned out to be. First, trying unsuccessfully to find my package. Then trying unsuccessfully to contact the post office. I ended up completing this long service request form on the phone, only to get the message that it was unsuccessful, try later. The harbormaster, Mike, called and said he is still trying to find it. If he can't, I'll call Amazon and tell them it has gone missing. 

So then I tried to contact the Patient Advocate at University Hospitals to compliment an employee who was especially courteous to Kerry and all patients really. It's the second time I have tried. After about 3 seconds, I get a send, disregard, or add to message option. So, I try to add, and in 3 seconds I get the same message. I hung up.

So I decided to watch television  - the same station that I watched perfectly last night, and I get a weak or no signal message on the television. I had this issue last year and had no television the entire time in Canada. When Mark checked it in the off season, the damn thing worked. I am definitely going to go to Walmart to escape technology! That is if Kerry will let me. She says my presence often diminishes the quality of her shopping experience. 

Harbormaster Mike called, apologized, and said the package is nowhere to be found. So I called Amazon. Their AI bot told me it was delivered and asked if there was an issue. I said I did not get it. Then I was informed that the package was mislabeled as delivered and that it should arrive by the end of the day!

Marianna called and said Uber only delivers packages here, not people. Lyft had no drivers available. A cab trip to the 5 mile away Walmart was $50 plus tip, one way. We decided to bag it. I decided that the best response to all the happenings today was to take a nap! The one thing that was right today was our decision not to travel. When I checked, there were 18 knot NNW winds and 5' waves on Lake Huron. Annie does not like big beam seas, and Voyager is rapidly learning to dislike them also. 

We did dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant right downtown, called Senor Tequila. The food was very good. Kerry and I ordered the large frozen margarita. It turned our to be a huge 32 ounce frozen concoction. While it was very good, I did not like the ambiance of drinking a delicious frozen margarita out of, in my mind, a big beer mug. I had in mind a bird bath shaped dish that took 2 hands to hold.

Alexa has not told me that my package has arrived. On a secret ballot, my three companions voted that it will arrive tomorrow, while I voted that it will not. We'll see. The most important item on the agenda tomorrow is not Marianna's pedicure, but Peter and I getting our fried chicken for our freezers. We plan to stay here tomorrow and travel to Bayfield on Thursday. 

Comments

  1. Hi - It is Marianna from MV/Voyager and I beg to call out Skipper Don Blog lest there be strong sanctions such as a BLOCK or PLANK WALKING, however, the most important thing today is MY PEDI (looking at my pretty toes right now) and NOT the DUMB chicken. 🤪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you plan on being in Kincardine on Saturday for the Pipe band Parade? KIP

      Delete
  2. Love Marianna’s comments! Hope your package arrives! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, August 2, 2023 Harrisville

Monday, August 7, 2023 Port Huron

Friday, August 11, 2023 Middle Bass Island Yacht Club